Nov 03 2010

This week in warrior land

First off, thanks for all the positive responses to the warrior blog list! I hope to see it thriving and continuing to grow!

As next step, I will now do a regular Wednesday post about any additions to the blog list, and compiled links to great blog posts around the warrior blogosphere. Hopefully, that way you guys can discover great blogs and topics once a week.

Someone brought up the question if warriors have something comparable to Maintankadin. Can’t say we do! If there was any interest, I might set up forums, but it really all depends on how much interest there is.

New blog additions:

• Furious Blows – Pippet just started posting about fury warriors, and gives compelling reasons why warrior is THE class.
  • Jinxed Thoughts – Zinn’s blog screams ALTOHOLIC all over the place, but there’s some current prot warrior info there

Around the blogs:

• Linedan from Achtung Panzercow was invited to the WowPhiles Podcast. Prot warriors, represent!
  • Everblue looks at the latest round of announced tanking changes. Blizzard are still tweaking numbers a lot on the mastery and block end. Should be interesting to see how that pans out.
  • Zellviren is also having a look at the shield block changes, providing yet another perspective.
  • Ktok managed to notice that the devs stealth-changed our expertise softcap. Time to go reforging again!
  • Zinn came up with a very nice guide for lowbie warrior tanking. As our abilities have been moved around a whole lot (what the hell, Battle Shout at 20, Demoralizing Shout at 52??!?), and we have received signature abilities at level 10, the leveling game is very different from my day, I daresay.
  • In a similar vein, Cynwise who enjoys twinking has provided an overview of what all has changed in the world of lowbie tanking.

And that’s it for this week. As always, if I have missed a new blog, or a cool warrior-related post, leave a comment!

Filed under : blog, links, warriors | 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “This week in warrior land”

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Kadomi and Lewis Gregory, Psynister. Psynister said: RT @Kadomi: New blog post: This week in warrior land http://bit.ly/bPZWeu [...]

2. Pippet says:

Thanks for adding my blog to the list!

As far as some forums like maintankadin, there is TankSpot. It isn’t warrior specific (which is why you probably did not claim it to be OUR maintankadin), but there is a ton of warrior specific parts to it.
    Pippet´s last blog post ..Reasons to Play a Warrior

I always rely on Tankspot and definitely do think it has a lot of warrior content, but it’s definitely not comparable to Maintankadin’s status for paladins. I think paladins can easily use both sites.

I often feel that Tankspot’s success on the video front pulled away from the tanking focus of the site, which is a shame. Too much marmot, not enough tanking meat. But that might be me.

Zellviren Reply:

It’s not.

I have to confess that I’ve fallen out of love with TankSpot. Back when Wrath launced and we were getting into Tier 7, I adored it. I found Ciderhelm’s viewpoint comfortably the most helpful, and I also liked the “warts and all” approach he took to the videos.

Unfortunately, there now seems to be more emphasis on quantity and less on quality. I totally appreciate that there is no new content around and that this is TankSpot’s first pre-expansion down time. I’m also aware of the fact that after tier 7, the community demanded videos as quickly as possible and this naturally means a cut in quality. But I don’t generally watch the Weekly Marmot, I definitely don’t watch Lore’s new Q and A show and I don’t know if I watch Aliena or not because her voice puts me to sleep.

This is no reflection on the TankSpot contributors or how I view them as people or players. I think they deserve incredible amounts of credit for the work they put in and I would never question their knowledge of the game, or ability to play it.

I just really hope that with increased time to prepare, their tier 11 videos will have the same polish and charm that their tier 7 counterparts had.

3. gravity says:

You’d absolutely be welcome to have your own warrior-oriented areas on pwnwear forums, if you’d like. That’d save some infrastructure costs and we have a few DKs who are also warriors, so there’s some synergy.
    I’m not so sure it’s necessary, but the offer’s there if you’re interested.

Thanks, Gravity, appreciate it!

4. gravity says:

In fact, if you wanted a separate identity, I had an idea. We could set up warrior.pwnwear.com for example, so you’d not have any costs, use my server and domain, but not have any DK tank threads around, it’d be your own forums. Anyhow, it might be a bit of an unclear identity still, but the offer’s there if I can help in any way.
    gravity´s last blog post ..Starting up raiding in Cataclysm

5. Zígh says:

Just wanna say that I love this blog!

I stubbled across it in my quest to find some information on my new tanking-toon, and was pleasently surprised.

As a girl that’s been playing wow for years, it’s always exciting to find other girls that actually know what they’re doing.
    In all honesty, the only girls I know who play wow, only play when their boyfriends are online… =(

Basically, I love the site, love the info, and love the fact that I’ve found a place that proves girls can play wow and DO know what they’re doing =)

Keep up the great work!

Glad to hear! :D

If you ever want to run into other girls who kick ass and play without their boyfriends’ handholding, come visit us on Bronzebeard! :)