Oct 27 2010

The Warrior Blog List Project

Now that we lost our big blogger Veneretio, I was again inspired to kick it up a notch. Deliver more content, get warriors out there, and collect a list of warrior bloggers that is not as horribly outdated as my blogroll was. I posted a shoutout on Twitter yesterday, and mentioned it in the previous post and here’s my version 1.0.

Warrior Blog List

As you can see at a glance, most warrior bloggers appear to be tanks, activity verges wildly, and there are little to no DPS blogs out there. We need more DPS blogs for Cataclysm. I am not really an expert on my offspec, Fury, but if need be, I will mix in some fury posts as well, as I actually really enjoyed the new fury with its less super-set in stone rotation.

If you know any other blog that should be on the list, please let me know, and if you are a DPS warrior you should jump on the chance to share your knowledge with the world at large. The warriors need you!

Filed under : blog, warriors | 27 Comments »

27 Responses to “The Warrior Blog List Project”

1. Spinks says:

Awesome work! Lots more blogs to read now :)

2. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Kadomi, Anafielle, Lara, Damage Inc, Rhidach and others. Rhidach said: RT @Kadomi: New blog post: The Warrior Blog List Project http://bit.ly/cSK2ro [...]

3. Ratshag says:

Excellent list – I’s looking forward to checking out some blogs I ain’t come across before.
    Ratshag´s last blog post ..BWAHaHaHaHaHaaaa

4. YayItsJake says:

Thanks for putting me in the list. I decided to restart my little project, so pop in to check some updates.
    YayItsJake´s last blog post ..low ballin 4.0

My pleasure. Hope to see you posting! :)

5. Thogrum says:

I’ll be happy to share me views. If it’s undead, hit it with an axe. If it’s got green skin, hit it with an axe. If it looks even remotely like it will bite, chew, sting, charge, cast, swoop, saunter or smirk at ye, hit it with an axe. If it looks at ye funny, hit it with an axe.
    That’s pretty much the view from me ‘fury’ perspective.
    Thogrum´s last blog post ..Dark Iron

6. Zellviren says:

Mmmm, I feel your pain. While I’m okay at DPS (Arms, really) and enjoy it well enough, it just ain’t my “thang” – doesn’t really get the juices flowing.

If I come across anything that’s inspiring and relevant, I’ll let you know. :)
    Zellviren´s last blog post ..The passing of a Titan.

7. Night says:

How about

Added!

I blog about warriors too. Prot mainly, but my offspec is fury so I talk about that a little bit too.

The best dps warrior blog I’ve ever seen is Aerowow (google him). He’s promised to be back in Cataclysm and I hope he will be, since he’s a proper end game fury warrior who writes thoughtful, interesting posts.
    Everblue´s last blog post ..Reforging

I have no idea how I managed to forget you, because I read your blog every time you post. :o Sorry about that!

I saw Aerowow’s blog earlier today, but it didn’t look updated so I didn’t include it yet. Will add it to my reader so I can add it when he gets back!

9. Thogrum says:

Fury is what It’s all about over here. I’ll be happy to share me thoughts.
    Thogrum´s last blog post ..Dark Iron

Added! :)

Thogrum Reply:

See? Orcs and dwarves CAN get along!
    We both have many things in common…beer, a love of axes and lots of spikey bits all over our armor! :)
    Thogrum´s last blog post ..Dark Iron

10. Kolargol00 says:

Hey Kadomi!
    Have a look at the new warriortanking.com, relaunched by Talldar as a “blogging network for protection warrior tanks”.

That one’s already included on the list and I have been reading. :)

11. delioncourt says:

hey kadomi,

1st time commenter here. :)

great post on the bloglist, and with Veneretio’s departure and your call-to-arms of sort on warrior blogging i might be inclined to start one as well.

Actually I already have a few notes and such, on my physical notepad so might just have to transcribe them to a blog. :)
    delioncourt´s last blog post ..The Blood Council one shotted

You totally should! If you ever do so, send me your link. :)

12. Zinn says:

I write about warriors too! Only prot though, and you seemed to have plenty of that :) I’ve been a little behind on the warrior posts (so much to writ about!), but intend to make an overhaul of my prot warrior leveling guide among others.
    Zinn´s last blog post ..Tier 11 Aquarium Edition

I’ll add you as soon as I can spot the warrior content inbetween all the priest, druid and paladin stuff. ;)

13. Herr Drache says:

Thank you for compiling that list! It’s going to be interesting to see who the new emerging voice of reason for the average / non-heroic / 10-man / 5-man tank is going to be. You? :)

I will certainly try! The areas you describe is the type of content I do, and will continue to do. I can step it up a notch in terms of actually delivering content. ;)

14. [...] has put together an exhaustive list of warrior blogs and I’d recommend anyone who has any questions to go check it out! Also if you have any blogs [...]

15. Sapria says:

Any good warrior forums, ala Maintankadin for Pallies other than like Tankspot? I’m thinking of going main with my warrior for Cata.

Thanks, nice list and blog.
    Sapria´s last blog post ..News • Upcoming Tanking Changes Compilation- Blue Posts

I don’t think there’s currently any such thing for warriors, no. I know few dedicated class forum sites, beyond Maintankadin, Plusheal, Totemspot, Mana Obscura and Pwnwear.

If there is any serious interest, I might think about it, hosting shouldn’t be an issue. Content on the other hand? Would require an active warrior community. :)

16. brusacco says: