First post of 2009, and it took me 6 days into the year to get to it. I’ve been blogging since June now and based on my stats I have come up with 118 posts, 864 comments, 3,394 spam and 74,592 views since I installed WP_Stats in August. I found a sudden burst of new visitors in October, thanks to a link on the front page of Tankspot, run by the most awesome Ciderhelm. If you haven’t checked out Project Marmot yet, you’re missing an awesome thing, especially casual raiders just getting their foot in the door. Thanks to all my visitors and regular commenters, you keep me going. 256 subscribers according to Feedburner, oh my!
That said, there’s room for tons more improvement. Here are my blogging resolutions for 2009:
- Consistently post twice a week, Monday and Thursday in the best case
- Keep Addon corner going, UI tweaking is a favorite pastime of mine
- As per request, write a ‘How to DPS as prot warrior when you are not the tank of the group’ review
- Write more about tanking by tanking more often again in-game
- As content gets added, provide more gear lists (and not just because the WoW masses love them)
- Get into raiding again and share all the triumphs and failures
As today is Tuesday, I am already failing one of my resolutions, but so be it. I will be back this week with one of those ever so super-popular gear postings, top 3 in all slots from heroics and emblem gear. Consider it part 2 of my 3-part gear series for WotLK. The last post will cover raid drops.
I hope to start raiding in the first week of February, as a birthday present to myself? Maybe. I actually have no clue if I’ll be tanking or healing. I have recently started heroics, but only as healer (zomg, golden chains of healing are incredible, aren’t they?). Hopefully Kadomi will get some spotlight time soon, because I know I still got it. I just do. And it’d be a shame to waste it on soloing 3-man quests in Icecrown, and grinding Sons of Hodir and Oracles rep to Revered. Wish me luck for my Mysterious Egg!